A bit about my process:
I started out with lots of sketching…and watching the movie over and over again. Any project that involves watching movies for research is a good one. Once I felt comfortable drawing all the characters, I moved from paper to the shoes, and penciled in everything. Next came the color. After testing out loads of color combinations, I narrowed it down to what you see here. Then came inking and touch-ups.
Sadly, the markers I used aren’t waterproof. Not a good thing here in Oregon. To seal it all I used Omnigel, which you can get at pretty much any craft store. Hopefully that’ll hold up.
I’ve gotta say, this was one of my favorite projects I’ve done in a while. In fact, I liked it so much that I went and got my own plain shoes to customize for myself.